This may be the single strangest cross-promotional item I’ve run across yet. How do we make even more money off of Stranger Things + Eggos . . . of course, lets make it a card game!
At this rate, there will be more pop culture-branded versions of Munchkin than of Monopoly.
Alderac Entertainment Group (AEG) is making a Batman-themed version of its popular Love Letter game in which players attempt to round up escaped villains from Arkham Asylum (the original game revolves around suitors trying to get love letters through to a princess through intermediaries).
Take back the streets of Gotham City! The most notorious villains in Gotham City have escaped Arkham Asylum and it’s up to the Dark Knight to round them up and return them to their padded cells! Batman comes together with the award-winning Love Letter to bring a new style of play to this hit game. Featuring new rules that put you in the cowl of the Dark Knight, you’ll fight to capture the most dangerous criminals in Gotham City! Love Letter: Batman Edition is a game of risk, deduction, and luck for 2-4 players. Earn Batman Tokens by eliminating opponents and by winning each round for a new spin on classic Love Letter! Featuring quick play and easy to learn rules, Love Letter: Batman will be a hit for any Bat-Fan!
Looney Lands continues its series of pop culture-branded version of the always excellent Fluxx card game with Batman Fluxx.
It’s game night in Gotham, and everyone’s favorite Caped Crusader is on the job. Crime is running amok and no-one can win with Villains on the table — so put on your utility belts and leap into the fray to help Batman and his friends clean things up! Draw one and Play one is just the beginning… From camp to chaos, Batman™ Fluxx has something for every bat-fan!
I’ve managed to pick up most of the Munchkin bookmarks at various Cons, but I seriously need this Munchkin Cthulhu Bookmark of Udder Ridiculousness for my collection. The rules for this one are hilarious,
- You may play this bookmark whenever you are in combat.
- Show everyone the bookmark so they are alerted to the ridiculousness to come.
- Hand any other player at the table a book from the Cthulhu Mythos, and close your eyes.
- The player hands the book back to you. Without opening your eyes, insert this bookmark into the book.
- Without opening the book, guess what page number the color side of the bookmark is facing. If your guess is within 25 pages of the bookmark?s actual location, you gain a one-time combat bonus equal to the page number.
- Somewhere in here, you should open your eyes again, unless you WANT to play the rest of the game with them closed.
- If you actually pulled this nonsense off, and gained the one-time combat bonus, congratulations! You are now a Cultist (if a card is available). If you were already a Cultist, you go up a level! This cannot be the winning level.