Make sure to mark it on your calendar — United Poultry Concerns has set May 4, 2005 as International Respect for Chickens Day.
In a press release announcing the day, UPC said,
Please do an ACTION for chickens on May 4. Show the world that chickens are people too! Ideas:
- Write a letter/op-ed to the editor
- Get on a radio talk show
- Table at your local mall
- Arrange a library display/video presentation
- Have a Respect for Chickens Day celebration at your school
- Leaflet at a busy street corner/ your local university
- Have a We-Don’t-Eat-Our-Feathered-Friends Vegan Party!
- Show Chicken Run!!!
Personally, I plan to respect a little fried chicken on the 4th, but that’s just me.
International Respect for Chickens Day. Press Release, United Poultry Concerns, March 18, 2005.
There are no revisions for this post.