This San Francisco Chronicle article describes one of the most bizarre examples of trademark stupidity I’ve read. The folks behind Monster Cables — those ridiculously overprice cables for everything from speakers to modem cords — apparently have a habit of suing pretty much anyone who brings out a product with the word “monster” in it.
- TV series “Monster Garage”
- Pixar film “Monsters, Inc.”
- Monster Seats sold in Fenway Park
- A family owned vintage clothing store, MonsterVintage.Com
- The Chicago Bears for their “Monsters of the Midway” moniker
Sounds like some executive at Monster Cable has a case of Monster Stupidity.
Monster fiercely protects its name. Benney Evangelista, San Francisco Chronicle, November 8, 2004.
There are no revisions for this post.